Terms and Conditions
THE SALE OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
Vin Du Lac Winery does not market to or sell alcohol to persons under the age of 21. By using this site you swear and affirm that you are over the age of 21. Vin Du Lac Winery makes every effort to ensure that alcoholic beverages are not delivered to anyone who is under the age of 21. By using this site you are acknowledging that the person receiving a shipment of alcoholic beverages from Vin Du Lac Winery is over the age of 21. You also agree that any alcohol purchased from Vin Du Lac Winery is intended for personal consumption and not for resale. You also agree that the recipient of said alcoholic beverage will furnish a government issued identification proving their legal age is at least 21 years of age to the Fedex delivery person who is required by law and the legal agreement between Vin Du Lac Winery and Fedex to obtain said photo identification at the point of delivery. If you do not agree with these conditions of use, please do not use this site. If you intentionally or unintentionally misrepresent your age in order to provide alcohol to a person under the age of 21 Vin Du Lac Winery will prosecute you fully to the extent allowable by law.
From the Fedex Adult Signature Required Policy: FedEx will obtain a signature from someone at least 21 years old (government-issued photo identification required) at the delivery address. If no eligible recipient is at the address, FedEx will reattempt delivery.
Additional details and Fedex policy on shipments with “Adult Signature Required”: http://images.fedex.com/us/services/pdf/Service_Guide_2015.pdf
THE SHIPMENT OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- You must live in a ship-compliant state in the continental United States. Currently, those states are Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, or Texas. More states are becoming ship compliant, so if your state is not listed please ask our retail shop what the status of your state may be.
- We assess applicable taxes as required by each jurisdiction where we may legally sell and ship alcohol to consumers.
- We reserve the right to deny the purchase of alcohol if there is any question of the legality of any alcohol purchase and/or shipment.
- We routinely update our policies in accordance with State and Federal laws regarding the sale of alcoholic beverages and laws governing the direct shipment of alcohol to consumers. Current policies regarding federal and state regulations can be found at the following locations:
- Unofficial information regarding the control states and legal issues regarding wine shipments can be found at the following locations.
- We conduct quarterly audits and reviews to ensure there is no evidence of legal action or law enforcement intervention due to failure of controls at the shipper or carrier level. Identified failure of these controls are immediately corrected and remedied to prevent future recurrence, though no failures have occurred to date.
We will replace any bottle of wine that is damaged, flawed, or otherwise deemed to be unsatisfactory. We ask the customer return the unfinished portion of the original bottle for replacement. By law, we cannot accept returns of alcoholic beverages unless the product is corked, or flawed. We are also unable to accept return of wine that was damaged due to adverse weather conditions during shipment or wine that is ordered in error. We will not ship wine if the forecast includes any extreme weather to attempt to deliver our wines in the best possible condition. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for the return of corked or flawed product.
Once the wine is received we will refund your credit card account for the cost of the wine less shipping and handling. If the original shipment was damaged or flawed, you will receive a full refund, including shipping and handling charges. Please contact the wine club office at 509-687-9463 for return instructions.
Protecting your privacy is important to us. We hope the following statement will help you understand how we collect, use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us on our site.
I. What kind of information do we collect from you when you visit our site?
We collect personal information about you only when you check out of our store such as your name, address, postal code, phone number, etc. We need this information to process payment and ship merchandise to you.
II. Sharing of information – We don’t do it.
Under no circumstances will we share any information that we collect with any third parties or web sites. All the information you give us is completely private and used solely for order processing and shipping. If you give us permission to send you marketing emails then we use your email for that purpose, but never does that email get sold or distributed to any other web site or list.
III. Newsletter Opt-Out
If you have chosen to opt into our newsletter or marketing emails and decide to opt out, we have a simple unsubscribe form that will let you remove yourself from our email list. Also, under the member area, you will find a simple form to unsubscribe.
IV. Consumer inquiries and privacy
If you have any questions about your privacy, or want to make changes to your profile, or remove yourself from our marketing list, simply send us an email.
V. Protecting your information
All the payment information we collect is done so under SSL – a standard internet security measure. Any data that we store about you is kept behind a secure firewall in our database and is not accessible to the public in any way.